NOW IS THE TIME TO GET READY TO LIST YOUR HOME DURING THE BUSY SPRING MARKET!!
HERE ARE 10 EASY TIPS TO BE READY TO MARKET YOUR PROPERTY TO BUYERS AND CATCH THE BUSY SPRING SELLING SEASON!
- Call your Realtor to get a detailed market analysis. Not only will this put your mind at ease regarding whether you should list or not—it will also help you determine exactly what you have to spend on improvements and repairs. Plus your agent will be able to help you determine what your proceeds may be from your home and establish what your budget will be for you new home if you are staying in the local area.
- Gather appliance manuals and warranties. Even though your appliances may not be new, the new buyers of your home are most appreciative since the appliances will be new to them.
- Make a list of utilities. Even better go back and look at your records and jot down your monthly bills since utility costs is often a question that new buyers ask.
- Prepare a list of paint colors—either those that you love that need a refresh or possibly some new more updated colors.
- Make a list of items in your home that may be on their last legs and the approximate cost to repair or replace. Refer to item 1. (Examples may be roof, water heater, furnace, carpet, etc).
- Dig out the most beautiful pictures of your home in the summer.
- Start decluttering and organizing. This one warrants repeating. START DECLUTTERING AND ORGANIZING!
- Figure out ways to make your home appear a bit more neutral in both color and personal possessions. This helps a potential buyer more easily envision themselves living there. But keep some personality too. It needs to look like a welcoming home.
- Do a thorough deep cleaning.
- Make sure driveways and walkways are cleared and salted.
Contact me if you need a complimentary detailed comparative market analysis to determine your home’s value by a professional—me! Remember online estimates do not see everything that we as real estate agents do, and some of those can add or take away value. Also if you would like a more detailed check list to get your home ready I have those available and would love to share.
Check out some great colors on the Benjamin Moore website: